Covid and Flu Vaccine Update
We very strongly encourage everyone who is eligible for a vaccine to take up this offer. Please book using this NHS website or by calling 119. More information about the vaccines is available here or by calling 119. Covid vaccine and pregnancy information here.
VACCINE CLINICS: Details of local covid vaccine clinics offering first and second doses for those age 16 and over are here.
NHS ENGLAND PROOF OF VACCINATION: Information on demonstrating your covid vaccination status is here. If you cannot access this link, or the NHS App, please call 119 who will arrange a letter for you. We are not able to provide documents relating to vaccination status and kindly ask that you do not contact us about this matter.
VACCINES GIVEN OVERSEAS (and in the devolved nations): If you have had covid vaccinations overseas we can record these on your records so that you are not invited for unnecessary further vaccines in England, and to ensure you are invited for boosters at the correct time. Please send copies of your vaccine documentation to email@example.com. Please note that unfortunately we have been specifically advised that we cannot enter these in such a way that they appear in your NHS Covid Pass - instead you will need to use the documents you were given at the time of your vaccine, or vaccine passports from that country, as evidence of vaccination.
12-15 YEAR OLDS with relevant underlying medical condtions or an immunosuppressed household member: Oxfordshire CCG will contact directly the parents and guardians of these 12-15 year olds to arrange vaccine appointments.
12-15 YEAR OLDS with no medical condtions: This programme will be delivered through schools. Any questions about these vaccinations need to go to the school nursing teams -please do not contact the surgery about these vaccinations as we do not have capacity to deal with them.
THIRD DOSE FOR IMMUNOSUPPRESSED INDIVIDUALS: We are waiting to hear from Oxfordshire CCG how this is to be rolled out locally. You will be contacted by them, or your hospital specialist, in due course if you are eligible for a third dose of vaccine as part of your 'primary immunisation course' (this is separate from the booster programme).
AUTUMN BOOSTERS COVID: We hope to begin autumn booster vaccinations for adults over 50 (and those with specific underlying medical condtions) on 1st October.
- Our clincis will usually be on selected Fridays at St Andrew's Church, Linton Road, Oxford. OX2 6UQ. A short walk from bus stops on Banbury Road. On street parking. Please do not contact the church with questions relating to the vaccine clinic - please contact us instead.
- SMS Invitations will be sent once it is 6 months from your 2nd dose of covid vaccine. If we do not have a mobile phone number for you we will phone your landline.
- If the timing or location of our clinics is not convenient you can book at other clinics via the National Booking Service.
- If you would like to volunteer as a marshal at these clinics we would be DELIGHTED to hear from you. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for more details
FLU VACCINES: Unfortunately there is a nationwide delay in delivery of vaccines.
- If our flu vaccines have arrived in time we will be offering flu vaccines simultaneously with covid vaccinations during our October clinics at St Andrew's Church.
- If there is a further delay in the delivery of flu vaccines we will set up 'Flu only clinics' for people who have already had their covid booster vaccine.
- For people whose covid booster is not due until later in the winter we will offer 'flu only' clinics prior to their covid vaccine being due.
- Watch this space for updates!
Published: Jan 1, 2021