Covid Vaccine update
Our Covid vaccinations are well underway
Our Covid vaccination programme is well underway.
- The vaccine will be offered in a strict order of priority as determined by NHS England.
- If you are age 70 or over, or younger and with a medical condtion that means you are Clinically Extremely Vulnerable (Cohorts 1-4), and have not yet had your first covid vaccination please contact us as soon as possible on firstname.lastname@example.org or 01865 240501
- Everyone in Cohort 6 (adults age 16-64 with specific underlying medical conditions as defined by the UK vaccination experts- see the document below for detailed information) should now have been offered a vaccine by us - if you believe you are in this cohort and have not heard from us please contact us.
- If you are cohort 5 (age 65-69) you should have been invited by NHS England to book a vaccination appointment at the Kassam stadium - these can be booked online. We have been instructed not to invite this cohort to our clinics at present, but if you would prefer to have your vaccine at Cherwell school please don't hesitate to email email@example.com, or phone the practice, to arrange an appointment.
- If you are cohort 7 (age 60-64) you will imminently receive a letter to book at the Kassam. We are not current able to offer cohort 7 vaccines at cherwell.
- Generally these appointments will be booked by text message. If we do not have a mobile number for you we will email, call your landline, or write. If you have received an SMS invite but are having problems booking, do not panic! In this situation please just contact the surgery at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone and we will help you book.
- If we offer you an appointment but you do not plan to book it please let us know as soon as possible so we can offer it to somone else
- Only patients with appointments should attend a vaccine clinic. Anyone attending without an appointment will unfortunately be turned away.
- Vaccinations will take place at Cherwell School North Site Marston Ferry Rd, Oxford OX2 7EE.
- We are sorry but due to the nature of the vaccination programme there will be limited choice of dates for vaccine clinics. If you cannot make the initial date we offer you we are likley to be able to offer a further date within the next few weeks, usually within a fortnight.
- These will be joint clinics with patients and staff from 19 Beaumont Street Surgery, Summertown Health Centre, and Banbury Road Medical Centre.
- Current guidance is that a second dose is necessary 12 weeks after the initial dose – we will contact you at that time to book the follow up vaccination. We cannot give exact dates yet because we only recive confirmation of our vaccine delivery days one week in advance.
- Please read this information about the vaccine in advance of your appointment https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/covid-19-vaccination-guide-for-older-adults/covid-19-vaccination-guide-for-older-adults
- Please be aware that you may have to queue outside for a short time, and that you may have to wait for a 15minute observation period after your vaccination. You are not allowed to drive for 15minutes after your vaccination
- Please wear clothes that make it easy for you to get your upper arm out for the vaccine and please wear a mask.
- Please cancel your appointment if you have any coronavirus symptoms (cough, fever or loss of sense of taste or smell) or have had a positive covid test in the last 4 weeks.
- There is a reasonable amount of parking at the school site, but if possible, please come on foot or by bicycle.
- Please be aware that there are a number of vaccine scams circulating. We will NEVER ask for any payment or bank details in relation to the vaccine. More information about scams can be found here Coronavirus vaccine scams warning | Action Fraud
If you are a frontline health or social care worker as outlined in The Green Book chapter 14a on Covid vaccine (click here) then please email email@example.com to arrange an appointment. The relevant guidance is on page 11.
When you are invited for a vaccine appointment please respond as promptly as possible.
We are receiving a number of queries from patients around the vaccination interval, choice of vaccine type, eligiblility etc. In the first instance please see the attached document for answers to common FAQs . If you cannot find the answer here please email firstname.lastname@example.org .
Published: Jan 1, 2021