Covid Vaccine update
Our Covid vaccinations have begun.
- The vaccine will be offered in a strict order of priority as determined by NHS England. Currently this is patients aged 75 and over as well as frontline health and social care workers.
- We will be contacting you when you are eligible. But if you are in the above cohorts and have not heard from us please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call reception.
- Only patients with appointments should attend. Anyone attending without an appointment will unfortunately be turned away.
- Vaccinations will take place at Cherwell School North Site Marston Ferry Rd, Oxford OX2 7EE.
- These will be joint clinics with patients and staff from 19 Beaumont Street Surgery, Summertown Health Centre, and Banbury Road Medical Centre.
- Current guidance is that a second dose is necessary 12 weeks after the initial dose – we will contact you at that time to book the follow up vaccination.
- Please read this information about the vaccine in advance of your appointment https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/covid-19-vaccination-guide-for-older-adults/covid-19-vaccination-guide-for-older-adults
- Please be aware that you may have to queue outside for a short time, and that you will have to wait for a 15minute observation period after your vaccination.
- Please wear clothes that make it easy for you to get your upper arm out for the vaccine and please wear a mask.
- Please cancel your appointment if you have any coronavirus symptoms (cough, fever or loss of sense of taste or smell) or have had a positive covid test in the last 4 weeks.
- There is a reasonable amount of parking at the school site, but if possible, please come on foot.
If you are a frontline health or social care worker as outlined in The Green Book chapter 14a on Covid vaccine (click here) then please email email@example.com to arrange an appointment. The relevant guidance is on page 11.
When you are invited for a vaccine appointment please respond as promptly as possible.
Published: Jan 1, 2021