Clinics and Services
- The doctors and our practice midwife provide antenatal care jointly for pregnant women. When necessary women are referred for specialist obstetric care at the John Radcliffe Hospital
- Deliveries are planned either at the John Radcliffe Hospital (Spires community midwife unit or Delivery suite) or if appropriate a home delivery
- Check out our Pregnancy Care Planner
- We have a benefits advisor on site once a week. Ask at reception for times and booking details.
- Daily appointments for blood tests are available with our Health Care Assistants and Nurses. Find Out More
- All eligible women (age range 25-65 years) are routinely invited to attend for cervical screening (smear tests). Find Out More
Child health clinic
- At this clinic routine checks (e.g. 8-week check) are done and immunisations are performed by either the GP or Practice Nurse.
- Check out the Child Immunisation Schedule
- All the doctors and nurses are trained in family planning and all the different methods of contraception
- By prior arrangement we can fit contraceptive implants
- Where contraception fails, we believe that women should have the opportunity to choose the outcome of their pregnancies
- Check out our Contraception Page
Counselling and psychology
- PML (Principal Medical Limited) offer counselling services locally as part of the Talking Space Plus service in Oxfordshire. Appointments should be made through Talking Space Plus who welcome self-referrals to services.
- Oxford University students are able to access the University of Oxford Student Counselling service
- We offer regular reviews for all patients with diabetes. Usually an appointment with the health care assistant (various checks and taking blood tests) will be followed one week later by an appointment with one of our diabetes nurses to discuss the blood results and make any necessary changes to treatment
- All diabetic patients are invited annually to the Oxfordshire Diabetic Eye Screening Service for eye checks.
- When necessary patients are also seen at OCDEM (Oxford Centre for Diabetes and Endocrine Medicine) at the Churchill Hospital.
Examinations for medical reports
- Special medicals for driving licence purposes, insurance medical etc are available – please specify when booking for these
- A fee is chargeable for most special medicals
First Contact Practitioners (FCP)
- We have two FCPs linked to our surgery, appointments are by telephone and bookable by contacting reception.
- The role of First Contact Physiotherapists (FCPs) in Primary Care is to assess patients with soft tissue, muscle and joint pain and to decide on the most appropriate management pathway
- More information available here
- Flu clinics will be running when appropriate for flu and pneumococcal vaccinations. Find Out More
- We are offering Health Checks for heart disease, stroke, type 2 diabetes or kidney disease to adults age 40-74 as part of the government health check programme
- These checks are for people who are not already known to have vascular disease. Read more at NHS Health Check
- Through our Primary Care Network we have access to Health Coaching for help with lifestyle changes relating to obesity, diabetes and low mood and motivation
Health Coaching is a partnership between coach and patient, that guides them toward changes they want to make. Coach and patient develop a relationship built on trust and respect, that allows them to explore patients values, reasons for change and what is possible.
Please contact our reception team if you would like to arrnage an initial consultation with our health coach.
Hypertension and vascular clinic
- For blood pressure monitoring including ambulatory monitoring (being given a machine to wear for 24 hours)
- Relevant blood tests
- ECG monitoring can be arranged
- Lifestyle advice
- Please allow about one week for the results of investigations to come back (e.g. blood tests, ECGs, X-rays). X-ray reports may take longer.
- Whenever possible please use the NHS app to check for your test results
- If you are phoning for results, please try to phone after 2:30pm when we are less busy
- For the excision of skin lesions, ingrowing toe nails, sebaceous cysts etc
- The service is only available if a GP has referred you to it and only for procedures funded by the NHS
- All aspects of asthma and COPD (Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease) assessment, monitoring and patient education
- Please attend at least six weeks before you plan to travel
- We are only able to offer the vaccines that are free of charge on the NHS. You will need to make arrangement wtih a private travel clinic for all other travel medicine requirements
- Prior to attending please look at www.fitfortravel.nhs.uk so that you are familiar with medical advice for your intended destination
Functional Cookies are enabled by default at all times so that we can save your preferences for cookie settings and ensure site works and delivers best experience.
3rd Party Cookies
This website uses Google Analytics to collect anonymous information such as the number of visitors to the site, and the most popular pages.
Keeping this cookie enabled helps us to improve our website.