Clinics and Services
- The doctors and our practice midwife provide antenatal care jointly for pregnant women. When necessary women are referred for specialist obstetric care at the John Radcliffe Hospital
- Deliveries are planned either at the John Radcliffe Hospital (Spires community midwife unit or Delivery suite) or if appropriate a home delivery
- Check out our Pregnancy Care Planner
- We have a benefits advisor on site once a week. Ask at reception for times and booking details.
- Daily appointments for blood tests are available with our Health Care Assistants and Nurses. Find Out More
- All eligible women (age range 25-65 years) are routinely invited to attend for cervical screening (smear tests). Find Out More
Child health clinic
- At this clinic routine checks (e.g. 8-week check) are done and immunisations are performed by either the GP or Practice Nurse.
- Check out the Child Immunisation Schedule
- All the doctors and nurses are trained in family planning and all the different methods of contraception
- By prior arrangement we can fit contraceptive implants and coils (IUD and IUS)
- Where contraception fails, we believe that women should have the opportunity to choose the outcome of their pregnancies
- Check out our Contraception Page
Counselling and psychology
- PML (Principal Medical Limited) offer counselling services locally as part of the Talking Space Plus service in Oxfordshire. Appointments should be made through Talking Space Plus who welcome self-referrals to services.
- Oxford University students are able to access the University of Oxford Student Counselling service
- For freezing of certain skin lesions on the recommendation of a doctor or nurse
- We offer regular reviews for all patients with diabetes. Usually an appointment with the diabetes nurse for nurse review (various checks and taking blood tests) will be followed one week later by a GP appointment to discuss the blood results and make any necessary changes to treatment
- All diabetic patients are invited annually to the Oxfordshire Diabetic Eye Screening Service for eye checks.
- When necessary patients are also seen at OCDEM (Oxford Centre for Diabetes and Endocrine Medicine) at the Churchill Hospital.
Examinations for medical reports
- Special medicals for driving licence purposes, insurance medical etc are available – please specify when booking for these
- A fee is chargeable for most special medicals
- Flu clinics will be running when appropriate for flu and pneumococcal vaccinations. Find Out More
- We are offering Health Checks for heart disease, stroke, type 2 diabetes or kidney disease to adults age 40-74 as part of the government health check programme
- These checks are for people who are not already known to have vascular disease. Read more at NHS Health Check
Hypertension and vascular clinic
- For blood pressure monitoring including ambulatory monitoring (being given a machine to wear for 24 hours)
- Relevant blood tests
- ECG monitoring can be arranged
- Lifestyle advice
- Please allow about one week for the results of investigations to come back (e.g. blood tests, ECGs, X-rays). X-ray reports may take longer.
- If you are phoning for results, please try to phone after 2:30pm when we are less busy
- For the excision of skin lesions, ingrowing toe nails, sebaceous cysts etc
- The service is only available if a GP has referred you to it
- All aspects of asthma and COPD (Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease) assessment, monitoring and patient education
- Please attend at least six weeks before you plan to travel
- Unfortunately many travel vaccines are not available for free on the NHS so there will be a charge
- Prior to attending please look at www.fitfortravel.nhs.uk so that you are familiar with medical advice for your intended destination
- Please fill out our travel form in advance of your appointment